Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Men Are Like Gum

Men are like gum, after awhile the lose their flavor and you just have to spit them out. I have a short attention span, this is a well known fact. But can I be blamed for the lack of talent in my current zip code? Dear God, I know I asked you to let me know when I'm wasting my time but this one didn't even make it through the warm season. Now, I will be forced to expose all wondering eyes to my amazing Summer dresses and he can only blame his boring self for their visual gift. He was fun in the beginning, but short term amusement has never been my thing. I avoid roller coasters and coffee with good reason. The effects are barely worth the experience and I am never left wanting more. He's a 7-Eleven caffeine low and Merry-Go-Round let down. Still, we took great pictures. He was what I can only describe as Fruit-Striped Gummy. Great in concept, but only a few minutes of  unbelievable sweetness. Sad part is, after the sucrose is gone, I'm chewing on the equivaent of Elmers glue. I sigh. At first bite, he was unbelievable. Career focused, polite, a beautiful mind, dedicated to family and a brilliantly dressed home body. *Sigh* Another one bites the dust. I find myself humming to every Adele ballad wondering if she dated him too. Dear God, I know I'm not supposed to question you, but she knows him, right? If not, how did she so accurately bellow out our short lived story track after amazingly brilliant track? I'm not really questioning you God, I'm just saying. Gum causes cavites. He gives me a heartache. Coffee gives me the shakes and Adele, well she dated him I'm almost sure. I'm not closing this door completely, but I'm hoping he dumps the rainy day tunes and gets a Black-Eyed Peaish dance hall hair up his syncronized swimming ass. Dump the ballads, grab on to the bass and dance with with me already! Life is short and my patience for adult foolishness is limited. Keep up or keep out.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE it... you are amazing! If I had half your talent..... MAN!
    -AWeaver

    ReplyDelete