Thursday, March 24, 2011

Anti-Old Testament Happy Hour Love Bugs and the New Guy

One day I got tired and decided to listen to God. His voice is cool like mid-April and sounds similar to Louis Armstrong  in a What A Wonderful Worldy kind of way. After hearing all he had to say, I had questions. Not for him, I know better. But I needed a one on one with myself. WHY? Is the first question I had for me. Oh the years I could have saved! But they made for great stories. See God, he seems to know his stuff and yet, I tuned him out. How could I ignore a voice so great? All these years of trying answering everything for myself and then having the nerve to ask him why I kept ending up with such waste of timers. I pray more now. I'm obsessed with his baritone and I bet he sings to make lilies grow. Our relationship is more comedic which some might consider an anti-Old Testament of a mess, but hey, this is how we roll. Don't judge us. He knows me. He knows me so well, I guess he figured I was finally ready to meet a tangible mister who was created to strictly keep me in line. I am a handful. An occasional well dressed hot mess and an avid overachiever. I met my calm. Purely focused, eye-on the prize, look how much I adore you, tangible mister and I wholeheartedly wouldn't change a thing. I knew it made sense because I couldn't write about him.With others, words came easily. With him, words haven't been created.  I have to stop writing to seek more verbs within my two favorite sources, my heart and thesaurus.

No comments:

Post a Comment