Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Crayola Conspiracy And The Open Booked Me

I opened my eyes with a drowsy mind even after I slept my first whole night without a long distance “Hey You." I dreamed of writing you into my zip code with a pen full of airline miles and nothing but vacation time. I was late to work for the first time today. I was suffering from Southern Hospitality withdrawals. A make believe drug I imagined up sometime a few years ago and we never could get it right. A beautiful addiction to a living breathing work of art; Well, a piece of work at least. The distance allowed me the opportunity to dream you into the impossible. I've always been somewhat irrational. I speak in code and dream in black and white so I can fill in the colors as I please. I chose green for you, the reason why I said you should leave. Blue for the way you make me feel and red for the way I wish things could be. Color me Ridiculous if you choose but I don't think Crayola has gotten that far. I remain an open book to most but you never took the time to read me. Find me listed conventiently under: FAIRYTALES. Simple PROLOGUE READS: I smile at sparrows and dance in designer gowns on rainy Sundays as I clean house. I'm a natural cheerleader. I have my Mom's great legs and my Dad's dimples. I teach children at every given opportunity and wear stilettos like my life depends on it. My heart is big and my waist is small. I've been called, Pretty. God talks to me and I hear him in surround sound but sometimes I just don't listen. I work hard. I love harder. I'm worth loving back without question. I hate you for leaving but love you for not staying. I'm praying you away in the hopes of a worthy replacement. You're a novelty item. A much anticipated seasonal surprise. A turn to page 6 or page 72 for an alternative ending kind of someone. A wonderfully amazing secret that I just can't keep so goodbye my friend. I (fill in the blank) you.

1 comment:

  1. Poetry. Only true emotion could author such beauty. Well said.

    ReplyDelete