Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ma'am Or Mistress? Don't Judge Me!


Mistress: A woman other than his wife whom a married man has a continuing sexual relationship. I had to consult Merriam-Webster in case I misunderstood what I thought knew. There was no gray area, the man actually asked me to be his Mistress. He said it simply like, “Please pass the salt.” or “Excuse me Ma'am, Do you know the time?” He was serious. As serious as the heart attack he is qualified for as his boisterous gut fights for freedom from his overextended waistband. I guess he believes he has some pull since he's somewhat of a Millionaire. I'm sure it works on some; it is a Recession after all. Tough times lead to ridiculous choices I assume. I would rather eat dirt. He disgusts me. I'm doing all that I can to hold back the sickness as it makes the voyage up my throat. A Mistress? Is that the only title I'm worth after spending all those years putting myself through college, climbing the corporate ladder and fighting to overcome vicious stereotypes in the industry? And although I have a drug-like addiction to the latest couture, I would NEVER consider accepting the title of Pre-Paid Hoe even if it came attached to an AMX Black Card. The other woman? The stuff great songs are written about. “Thank you for the compliment, Jack-Ass; now kindly suck a rotten egg.” I should be honored, I suppose. The quality of men in this dear State of mine is nothing to brag about. To actually find someone who is successful, attractive, kind and educated is less likely than winning the expired fight for Reparations. But I would rather live my life as the crazy cat lady that spends her evenings indulged in Lifetime movies and knitting for no ones. I'm not the Mistress type. Call me selfish. I still believe in fairy tales. I survive by the lyrics of sweet country songs and kind of loathe Keyshia Cole for all her angry Black woman ballads. Why can't we have happy songs that make it to #1 on the charts? I am guilty of appreciating a Lil' Wayne beat every-now-and-then but when did stank hoes become so popular? They're glamorized. Bouncing on the laps of Rappers and immortalized in chart-topping music videos. They make it soo easy to be soo easy. These are the same women  that give him the strength and the nerve to ask me such a revolting question. I chose to say No, but there are many that would be honored to accept his vile request. If asked, I will happily pass on his digits as I'm sure he is still searching for the next best thing. Hey, I'm no Angel and I'm no Judge; I just urge you to be careful and prepare yourself to be smacked upside the head with a Karma hammer when you accept the position of secret skank. Onward and Upward.



No comments:

Post a Comment