Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Deal Is, The Men In Denver Are Dead


The deal is, the men in Denver are dead.
Whitney said it right in Waiting to Exhale all the way back in
1995. Like the brilliance of this film, not much has changed. I have the
privilege (and I say this with a mouth full of sarcasm) to be a part of the
Denver dating scene. It’s far past tragedy. No matter how frequently one
visits various clubs, bars, events, churches, art shows or online adventures, Denver seems to be the meeting place of all things rooty-poot.

So I spent the last year on somewhat of an urban sabbatical. Kind of an outside look in for the single soul. I researched, interviewed and analyzed the plight of the single woman in a city such as The Mile High and I have uncovered some extremely disturbing information.

Apparently, I’m intimidating. I guess being: Educated, Attractive, Driven, Talented, Honest and Kind-Hearted
scares men off. You may be thinking, “She should add narcissistic to the list” but please remember this was a research project. I asked 20 of my closest male friends to describe me in a few words and this is what t
hey came up with.

When asked the negative, the majority responded, “you are
intimidating.” I sigh.

From what I have unfortunately unearthed, all of my positives are also
negatives. Now I’m no Scientist, but maybe the thin air has something to do with a decrease in testosterone?
Or maybe just maybe Colorado is a test site for Comedy Central?
Either way, I’m still single and its no laughing matter.
Ok, I’m laughing a little.

Snickering Spitefully. Denver is bad for relationships
but great for business. So I work.

I stepped away from my daily conundrum, I came to a life changing realization. I will no longer seek solice in any mediocre form. No need to settle because I'm simply bored. His first name Luke his last name Warm. I found myself reminded. How dare I find anger in the ticks of my own clock when God is the director of all time? TICK. He's headed this way even if he's somewhere well-dressed in the middle of Europe and walking. I believe there is a plan and I cannot adjust it. So I gather up on the super-soft blankets, re-up my Redbox selections and prepare for a long Winter. Its business as usual. Denver, I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment