Sunday, September 26, 2010

Once Upon A Happily Ever Right Now....

So I'm almost 30. Women tend to break up into pieces at this age wondering if they will ever find their "Mister" and I am actually pretty content. Now, when I was a child, I dreamed I would be married to a wonderful man at just about this age, with beautiful little girls that looked just like me. I also thought he would be a sword-bearing Prince, I would be a Rockstar and we would live happily ever after in a castle surrounded by real life glittery unicorns. I was a child, I believed in childish things. I searched for gold at the end of rainbows, knew I was a Disney Princess and pledged my allegiance to the beat of the Care Bears Countdown. Can't really blame me for being a dreamer. Now, I'm not quite 30, a recovering undercover over lover and forced to live in a realistic world. I refuse to believe God wants me to settle for something or someone I have absolutely no interest in. He loves me extra, I'm sure. I know he occasionally buries treasures deep down in the souls of trolls but he knows my heart and it has requirements. Beauty and the Beast is all great in concept but I've been there and opted out. God knows me better than I know myself and because of this, I rely soley on his plan to one day reveal my Mr. Wonderful. I may be a little impatient, I may, occasionally accept the attention of Mr. Almost, Mr. Maybe and Mr. Pretty Close but I am truly having a great time writing about all of it. In the meantime, I write. I smile. I hope and I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment